Sunday, November 09, 2014

Remembrance Sunday.


This morning I went into town to attend the Remembrance Parade. It was a sunny cold morning and the town centre was packed with people. While waiting for the ceremony to start it was good to see so many people that I knew, some people I hadn't seen for 30 years or more! 

There were hundreds of people including children, some of them on the parade were very little! We stood with our very own  little Rainbow, Bobbie.


She was very good, she knew a little about what we were all here for and considering Bobbie is usually so active and into everything, she was very respectful and quiet. A really good girl!!


Dad was there too, he was able to get in with his scooter, although speaking to him afterwards, he had found it hard to get through the crowds, particularly at the end when he was trying to get away from the town centre.

All the Forces were represented including Police and Fire service as were all the Scouts and Guide groups.



There so many people marching that they went all the way around Howardsgate.





It was a very moving ceremony, the 100th Anniversary, the Last Post, all the people who made it such a memorable event. I think that its vital that we remember exactly what was given up by those that enabled us to live the life of freedom that we now have.

Saturday night the weather was horrible, pouring with rain and cold, not a good evening for a firework party!! None the less, I made the supreme sacrifice and  attended the local three school Firework extravaganza with my mate Jane. I took the precaution of taking flasks of mulled wine with me, I really didn't want to catch a chill and it seemed the only way to avoid it, that and I had earlier in the day had my flu jab, so thought it wise to further protect myself with the healing properties of mulled wine!!!



By the time we had walked home we were thoroughly soaked but warm on the inside!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful week, don't work too hard and remember, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here starts on the 16th of November, its what Winters were made for !!!!!






No comments: