Thursday, June 12, 2014

Life on Board!

Life on board the ship was fun, it consisted of lots of eating and drinking, punctuated by dancing and theatre!  We tried out lots and lots of Cocktails......


Long Island Iced tea.


Baileys Alexander


Blue Paradise.


Mohito


Jamaican Paradise


Cape Codder.


Zombie.


Dirty Banana.

Strawberry Daiquiri and  Long Island Iced Tea.

By the end of the first week, I had drank my fill of cocktails and I had to swap to the good old stand by, Bulmers Cider!!! It was all too much!
One evening we had a 'reception' to attend. Before that we had Italian evening in the dining room, where we had free sparkling wine with the meal. The reception had more free sparkling wine, so it would have been rude not to have had a couple of glasses (or 7) So by the time I had finished the reception, I was feeling just a touch wobbly, it was only 8pm!!! We had the rest of the evening to contend with, poor Tom felt he was in for a rough time, but as it turned out the worse thing I did (well the worse thing I can remember!!) was inviting a Danish couple to join us and then promptly bumping the table and spilling his drink!!! 
Oh well I had a good time and learned that cheers in Danish is Skaal!


No comments: