Sunday, August 11, 2013

Not been the best of weeks.......

I finally finished all of washing created by a few days camping I am still amazed at how much is produced!! There seems to have been a load of things happening this week. Carl has gone on his holiday to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. He is there at the moment and sending back reports of what he is up to. I am really jealous and I wish I could have done the trips he is doing when I was younger. The closest I got to exotic places like Hong Kong is writing to my old Brown Owl when she left the pack and moved to Hong Kong  40 odd years ago. I am pleased that he can experience all these things. This week he has been in Bangkok and today he has been tending elephants in Chang Mai, what a fantastic experience.


Back to more mundane things - Bottles of coke. Throughout the summer Coca Cola have been issuing bottles with names on them. I found Laura when we were on holiday in Rome, I had a couple of bottles of Thomas and this last week I had a few sightings of Liz. Carl and Beth were proving to be far more difficult. I have my neighbour Karen to thank for this collection!! She sent me this photo after spotting all the names on the same shelf in just about the right order!! Brilliant.




Sometimes when its been a long hard week something happens to lift your spirits. Last Friday my hip took a turn for the worse. It became so painful that I couldn't walk. It really got me down in the dumps. I think its the pain that drags things down, it really took me by surprise because up until now I had been managing with painkillers and taking things easy. In the end I went to the Doctors and he referred me straight away to the hospital for an X-ray. Within the space of a couple of hours I had the X ray and that ruled out a fracture (thank goodness) . He has given me new painkillers and on Friday afternoon I took two of those and spent the rest of the day completely spaced out. The pain was under control but I couldn't stay awake. I decided to take it easy for the weekend and see how I felt on Sunday evening. Things do seem to have settled down so fingers crossed that I will get through tomorrow. 
Anyway on Friday when I was feeling particularly sorry for myself I received a beautiful floral display and a box of chocolates from a chap who I am helping out. It was so nice that he had thought of me.

This year my holiday seems so far away, I don't like having to wait until later in the year, but that's how it goes I suppose.

Have a good week.




1 comment:

Big Mouse World said...

Thanks foor posting this