Thursday, February 21, 2013

Another year older...


February the 19th Prince Andrew and I celebrated our Birthdays!! In fact sharing a birthday with him is my claim to fame, when I was born (several years ago) we received £100 in Premium Bonds. This was a great honour and £100 fifty odd years ago was a lot of money. I was judged to have been born closest in time to Prince Andrew, so we made the papers and received the gift from the Queen. We still have the bonds and have never won a penny on them!!

This year I received some lovely presents, Beth organised the picture in the photo above. I love the idea its made up of words special to me and is now hanging in our bedroom. 


She also arranged for a beautiful cake!!
Check out the cakes from Cupcakes and Sprinkles!!


I had visits from some of my favourite people!! 


And one little devil!!


Carl and Laura came over with gifts ! (a voucher for some new clothes from Carl and a lovely ornate candle lamp from Laura) Tom got me  an antique mirror that I had lusted over for a while!!


The cake looked fantastic all lit up with candles and the Kath Kidston Cup and Saucer was perfect!


Beth also got me some balloons!!
As I say I was very lucky with gifts, I now have a magnetic notepad, crochet books, a lemon reed fragrancer, a sparkly make up bag, a pot of Lily of the Valley (which I love and have no luck growing, ever!!) Plus lots of beautiful flowers (including orange roses and orange tulips!) the girls at work bought me a Hobby craft voucher and a Finesse loyalty card, which reduces the cost every time I go swimming !


In the evening I went out with the 'old girls' We are really turning into a bunch of crocks, Madeline has as duff knee, Sue has hurt her knee and is limping, I have a dodgy hip its only Sandra who seems to be able to keep it together at the moment!! We went to the Crooked Chimney a place we used to go to regularly, but it started to be a bit hit and miss, mainly because every visit so much was off the menu!! We were hopeful that this visit would be better, but it wasn't to be, they had run out of the most basic of things including fish and peas!!! Still they were well stocked with Rose wine, so not all was lost!!!

All in all I had a great day. Thank you 
xxxxx

No comments: