Friday, September 28, 2012

Its Getting to feel a lot like Autumn!!

This week has seen a change in the weather, its suddenly become quite autumnal. I love stepping outside first thing in the morning and breathing in that damp leafy smell. It always reminds me of the time I was expecting the children, trips to the hospital and the odd beautiful sunny day . 
This year we seem to have had a nice week or so and then straight into autumn. 

So this weekend I am going to try and finish off a few projects that I have started over the holidays. The conservatory where I spend most of my time is clogged with 'stuff' !!
Back at the very start of the summer I found this lovely comfy chair on the local Freecycle. Originally it had brown paint work, so I rubbed it down and painted it cream to match the other furniture. I decided to have some covers made for it. They arrived a couple of days ago so tonight I fitted them.


I am really pleased with how it looks now. Pretty and bright.


I still like the patchwork quilt which I will leave hanging over the back, but it gets so cold in here I will end up using it to keep me warm!!

This week has been a busy one, I don't seem to have had time to turn around. I have spent a large amount of time at one school or another. Beth had meeting regarding preparation for her GCSE's It was good to hear what we would be trying to do to try and support her through the process. Today that has started, its cost me fifty quid in revision guides, I hope they work!!!

The school where |I am vice Chair of Governors had Ofsted this week so I was in there two evenings this week as well, I don't think I have had any evenings free!! Next week is shaping up to be a busy one as well!!!

Beth has continued with her usual accident prone ways, I had a call from the school to say that they thought she had broken her finger, so Tom picked her up and had it checked out at the hospital, luckily its not broken but it is horribly swollen and a scary shade of purple now. It had happened when she was opening a door the same time as someone was pushing it from the other side. I think she has her own cubicle there.

No comments: