Saturday, October 08, 2011

Last of the Summer Sun


This week has gone by in a bit of a blur, last weekend we were soaking up the last of the sunshine in the back garden and this weekend I couldn't get my washing dry!!
Again its been a bit of a roller coaster ride, Dad was taken ill during the week, I was just getting ready for bed when we had the call. We ended up down the hospital where they treated him for an obstructed bowel and transferred him immediately to The Lister because there is no night duty surgeon on at the QE2. The problem was that someone then had to stay with Mum as she can't be left through the night by herself. I won that job which was a shame as Beth was poorly as well and she wanted me at home with her. In the end I ended up staying a few nights and Dad was discharged without an operation, they sorted the problem with medicine and have put him on a waiting list. It has made me realise just how difficult this is going to be if he does end up in hospital. Mum really needs to work at getting herself sorted at night time. She doesn't seem to be able to get her legs back into bed so someone has to do it for her, until she has sorted that out there is always going to be a problem.
So today was my first day off and we went into town to pick up a few bits, I made a lasagna for dinner and then spent the afternoon scrap booking . I am hoping tomorrow I will finally get some new beads made, I want to be able to make some jewellery for Christmas. I have a few breaks to look forward to, a weekend in Malvern to learn bead making at the next level!! Then I have a weekend away with the girls in Amsterdam in December. I am looking forward to them.
If I actually make any beads then I might have something to show you during the week!!