Sunday, October 16, 2011

Conference time.

One of the best things about my job is that I get to attend conferences all over the country, This time it was a conference at Chester. I drove up on Wednesday and arrived late afternoon. This hotel would have been perfect for Tom as it was right next to Chester Race course. 

Unfortunately on the down side it was also situated on a train line. The first night I had left the window open and was just nodding off to sleep when a train whizzed by, I was in shock!!! I had to keep the window closed after that. The Hotel (Holiday Inn) was fine apart from that!

We found a few places to eat in the evening and were lucky enough to find a nice little place that did two course meals for £11.95. One night was ladies night so we also had a free cocktail with that with the added bonus of buy one get one free, it would have been rude not to !! So Barb and I took full advantage of this fantastic offer. Luckily the bar was half way home even so, a chap we bumped into on the way back was concerned enough to ask if he could call us a taxi!!!

The conference was very good and we had some good debates and better than that there was even a card vote and as I was a teller I got to do my first ever count!! What amazed me was that the vote was very simple, you have a set number of votes to cast for or against, you have to fill in vote paper number one, you can not vote with more votes than have been allocated to you (so if you have ten votes you can't cast 12 votes!!)  When it came to the count there were 4 spoilt papers !! not signed, not used the right paper and not the right number of votes amazing really. 

We wrapped up Saturday morning 
Having made some new friends, found out what is going on in other parts of the country and feeling invigorated to go forward and to try and change things. Happy Days!!!

No comments: