Sunday, October 02, 2011

Been a long time since I posted!

Its been a while, I have no idea how life seems to take over and we end up with loads to do and not enough time to do it in. The main problem has been that Beth has wanted her room re done in a more adult style so that has involved getting rid of the high bed, which we have managed to do. That happened in a rush, I advertised it and then it was gone the same day. Tom steadily painted the room over the past week, but its not easy when you have to move stuff to do so. Beth and her friend Chelsea also had a hand in it. 
We ordered new furniture from Ikea which arrived Friday so I took the day off to help Tom construct it. It went together like a dream, none of the old MFI have as much left over when you you have finished style. This stuff was spot on and sturdy the bed went together in around 30 minutes with the added complication that we had to swing it around into a gap that's a tight fit!! we managed it though, so now she has a nice day bed. She needs a new mattress but that will have to wait until the sales. 
We also built three 'expedit' units, again very simple if you followed the instructions to the letter. On Saturday morning I paid for it, my hip was aching from all the extra bending and I spent most of the day trying to get over the Friday!  Now the room is nearly complete, we went to Dunelm Mills to buy some under bed boxes and some boxes for the shelves, Beth also bought some pretty cushions and some other bits to complete the look including a very nice (and half price) duvet cover set , mainly white but with a bit of silvery grey bling. 
The rest of the house is still suffering, bags of rubbish are piling up, our main bin is full and we have nearly a week before collection.Taking mixed bags to the dump is a no no they have you empty them and you find yourself  going round and round in circles with two or three pieces of the same thing, drives me nuts! Tom has a plan, we have already asked if we could take up spare spaces in neighbours bins, which they have agreed to so on Thursday evening he will do a run around the street and distribute under the cover of darkness as many of our extra bags as possible!!!
I am really looking forward to getting the house straight again. The weather has been fantastic for this time of year, October always reminds me of babies as Laura and Carl are October babies, I can't believe where the years go, Carl will be 21 on the 11th and Laura 26 on the 19th. The last time it was this warm in October I was expecting Carl and struggling in the last few weeks of pregnancy. Long may this fantastic weather last
I will try and get back into the blogging routine, I do miss doing it. 
Hope you all have a good week and enjoy the last of the summer sun

No comments: