Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Making Buttons.

I went to Flame Off a few weeks ago and saw a demo by a lovely lady (Julie) who taught us her technique for making glass buttons. I have enjoyed having a go and I am sure given more practice I will get better. I spent so much time concentrating on getting the petals right and cutting the hot glass, that I seem to have lost the basic skill of placing dots!!! I am sure I will get better, I can only do two at a time as I only have two mandrels!!!
At last some good news for Mum after her operation yesterday the surgeon has said that he is encouraged with the wound and that he has stitched everything back up and is hopeful that will be the end of things. He is so sure that he has said that Mum can sit on the edge of the bed for a while today in preparation for finally getting out of bed again after seven long weeks.

No comments: