Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

This week has been dominated by the weather, England has come to a complete standstill, it has been snowing. Again a few inches of the white stuff has stopped everything. It snowed on Saturday and the airports are closed and the roads are impassable.  I took Laura home on Sunday night and the temperature on my car thermometer was showing minus 9.8 !!
When the snow is on the ground the birds somehow seem more obvious.This little chaffinch was jumping around in the fir tree right outside our backdoor. First of all I took a few pictures through the glass. The bird didn't seem to bothered so I opened the door and took shots directly. I was only a few feet away while it was feeding on the pine nuts.
They look so small and vulnerable. We have now hung up some fat balls and peanuts just outside the door and we already have blue tits stopping by.

Hunny loves the snow, she runs around like a puppy jumping all over the place and snuffling under the snow with her nose. She is always happy to go for a walk when there is snow.
I love the post box covered in snow, all it needs is a Robin Red Breast and I'd have the perfect Christmas card.


1 comment:

suebaru said...

LOL,I have a thing aboiut letter boxes in the snow too, and have taken loads of photos of them :)