Sunday, July 04, 2010

Cards from The Craft Extravaganza.

While at the QVC craft Extravaganza I was lucky enough to be able to try out some new things for me and some news kits and crafts. The card above is an easel card, which looked to me to be quite complicated but is actually quite simple. If I was doing it in my own time, I would have made sure things lined up a little better, but I am happy with what I managed to achieve in the short time we had. The card above was made from Kanban goodies, including a stamp from their elegant ladies range.
I then made a card using the Gorjus range of images, I do like the images but I never thought that I would ever be using the term 'twisted pyramage' as something that I would do!! Again if I had completed this card at home I would have made sure the little spots where the cuts outs were attached to the card were removed. That said I do love the images and its something I might try again.
This card looks better in real life than it does in the photo. This was one made using a mini kit from Stix. This had a variety of double sided shapes and metallic foils which we used to cover the shapes, it is three dimensional as the flower hangs over the blue circle behind. I think it needs something else to finish it, but again it was something made within time constraints!
This is my favorite one, there is a new product due out on the market called 'Silkies' (I think) they come in packs of four colours in little bottles that look like nail varnish. They can be used for a variety of things and can be used on a wide range of things, so I think they have good potential. I made this card by sponging the colours over a template onto shiny card. Its very effective and I can see that it could have a variety of uses. Its one of the products that I might well look at when it hits the market.


1 comment:

Maureen said...

Glad you had a great time at the Craft Extravaganza! I love the cards you made with the new techniques and products. Those kinds of days are just pure bliss!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
((()))reen