Monday, June 21, 2010

Its been a slog.


I thought I would start with another picture from last week, little boats bobbing around in the water, it just says summer to me and seeing how today is the official start of summer and the longest day of the year I thought it was right to get into the summer mood!!
Yesterday we had a real slog to try and get Beth's room finished. The room changes have turned out to be far more complicated and long winded than any of us expected. We finally finished the most of Beth's room around 10pm last night. All that is left is the gloss around two doors which we decided to leave until today as we were walking by them yesterday and would have ended up wearing the paint. Tom is going to do that today. Now her furniture is in and her shelves are up and loaded with her 'stuff' it looks nice. She has chosen a white and turquoise colour scheme.(Turquoise has taken me straight back to a reading scheme I did when I was in the juniors about a million years ago, how spooky!!!)So I am hoping that Tom gets the time today to finish those bits of gloss and the two new skirting boards in Carl's room.
Carl's room is finished once the boards are glossed. So tonight I am going to see if we can get a carpet for his room and get his bed up in time for him to get back from holiday tomorrow.After that the rest of the room is up to him! Fingers crossed.
Back to a busy week at work, which I am not looking forward to.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you so very much for your prayers, encouragement, and support.
Blessings,
andrea

Barrie said...

Why is it that home improvements always take longer and cost more than anticipated?! My daughter would love the turquoise colour scheme, BTW. ;)