Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring time in the garden.


As I have said in previous posts, spring seems to be a long time coming this year, I do like winter as long as it doesn't drag on and on. This last winter we have had more snow that I can remember in a long time, So I am please to see things finally changing. I love purple crocus, we seem to have a pretty little crop of them and I have been out there experimenting with depth of field on my new camera.

Round in Mum and Dads garden the chickens are out and about, scratching up a storm. Considering the winter that we have had they have continued laying all the way through the bad weather ! Some days they get 4 eggs, which is pretty good going. Its nice to have 'home grown' eggs!!


I am proud of this photo, as I said I was experimenting with depth of field and I cracked it in this one!

Last week I went to see my friend Raymonde, she is a real friend as well as a blogging friend. She is also a real life scrapper and photographer, all the things I like to do. We sat catching up and drinking tea, comparing cameras and generally beating ourselves up for not seeing more of each other!! (we only live around 3 miles apart!!) while we were sitting at the kitchen table I snapped these two little birdies on her garden feeder!! They posed perfectly for me. Not a bad photo as its through a window and in reduced light.


5 comments:

Raymonde said...

Yeah, the chicken!
I love the crocuses, the open ones are so pretty, great job Liz!
And the birdies have made their appearance...
Much love. ♥

Laura said...

I love the birdie photo!

Monica Gale said...

Oh I am awaiting spring too, your DOF experiment photo is FAB> hugs xx

Andrea said...

Absolutely beautiful...
Hugs, andrea

Jenn Jilks said...

Ooooh! So cute!~